Opening windows into your child's imagination!
CTE Award Ceremony
OVERVIEW: Troupe Imaginarium is pleased to offer a study program for serious theatre students to certify as a junior trained actor. After completion of the scheduled curriculum, including a minimum of two dramatic performances and one musical - at least two in a community theatre forum, the candidate will stand an oral board and present an approved project of his or her choice. Applications for certification must be received by October 31st of each year. Up to five students per year will be accepted into the program. You must have completed at least one T.I. course and be between the ages of 13 and 17 to apply. Approved candidates will be notified of acceptance into the program by November 30th. All curriculum requirements, including productions, project, and oral board, must be completed by May 1st of your senior year. Certificates are awarded at a ceremony in June.
CURRICULUM: Each successful candidate will complete the following minimum requirements:
* Six (6) different 12-week sessions (sessions may be repeated but will only count towards certification once)
* 1 workshop per year in program
* 1 dance class per year in program
* 6 months of private or semi-private vocal instruction
* Audition for at least one school or community theatre show per year in program
* Participate in two dramas or comedies and one musical - either on stage or as crew; at least two in
community theatre venue. Playbill/program must be submitted.
* Attend three performances, one professional and two amateur musical and dramatic performance. Must submit
ticket stub or playbill for each performance.
* Sit for an oral theatrical board - brief interview and perform 1 minute monologue, perform a cold reading, and
perform either sing a classical or Broadway solo, or dance a 2 -3 minute choreographed number of any style.
* Present a completed project as approved by the Board - i.e. direct a one act, organize a workshop, student
direct a workshop, choreograph a student show, etc.
FEES: Application fee is $175. $100 will be awarded to candidate upon successful completion of the program.
APPLICATION FORM: TBA
CERTIFICATION of THEATRE EXCELLENCE AWARD CEREMONY: Date and Location TBA.